Here are four of our favorite winter cocktails to help you celebrate or keep you warm on those long winter nights!
Candy Cane Cocktail (from Martha Stewart Living):
- 1 candy cane, crushed, for garnish
- 2 ounces strawberry vodka
- 4 dashes white creme de menthe
- 2 1/2 ounces cranberry juice
- Ice cubes
Place crushed candy canes on a small plate or saucer. Wet the outside rim of a chilled martini glass with water. Holding the glass by the stem, rotate the rim to coat with candy.
In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, creme de menthe, cranberry juice, and ice; shake until well combined. Strain into prepared glass; serve immediately.
Snowball Martini (from Tastykitchen.com):
- 2 ounces, fluid Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka
- 1 ounce, fluid Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 whole “ball” Of White Cotton Candy
- Sugar Or White Non-perils, To Rim A Martini Glass
- 3 oz. JDK & Sons Crave Chocolate Chili Liqueur
- Hot chocolate
- Garnish: whipped cream
Hot Pumpkin Buttered Rum (from thekitchn.com)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup pumpkin butter, such as Trader Joe’s brand
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch salt
- Dark rum
- Hot water
- Whipped cream, to garnish
Cream together the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin butter, pumpkin pie spice, and salt using a mixer on low setting. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of butter mixture to the bottom of a heat-proof glass or mug. Add 2 ounces of dark rum. Fill the glass with boiling water. Stir to mix. Optional: top with whipped cream. Garnish with a dusting of spice.