Today we’re chatting with the HBIC of PoleCon who in addition to running the event…
We are sitting down to talk to our new instructors for PoleCon 2022! Learn more about them and then click here to purchase their workshops.
1. We’re so excited to have you teach at PoleCon this year! Can you tell us a little more about what you’re teaching?
I’ll be teaching Heels Choreography in my DevChoreo Series called “Pump N Pumps”. This class is a full body workout but is a time for the dancer to have fun, gain knowledge of their body and music, and of course to be sexy and fierce! In class dancers will go through a spicy warm-up, learn simple heel techniques; walks, turns, and walk phrases followed by choreography that pushes dancers to their musical and physical limits while serving sexy too!
2. Is there something that defines your style of teaching or your content that is unique to you?
While being trained in many styles of dances such as Ballet and Contemporary I fuse my technical background with my heels choreography making my movement challenging yet fun for the dancer!
3. What is the one thing you want your students to leave with after taking your workshop?
I want my students to leave with a sense of confidence, power, and swag. Knowing that they took class for them and did their best and are happy with their outcome.
4. What are you most excited about for PoleCon 2022?
I’m excited to be apart of this experience now and to network, but I’m hoping to take a few classes as well to learn a few things! I’m always looking for new ways to explore the body and infuse it within my style.
5. Anything else you want to share with PoleCon attendees?
Take this quote with you before and after my workshop class:
“Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.” — Martha Graham (Modern Dancer and Choreographer)