We are sitting down to talk to our new instructors for PoleCon 2022! Learn more about them and then click here to purchase their workshops.
1. We’re so excited to have you teach at PoleCon this year! Can you tell us a little more about what you’re teaching?
You will leave with tips and tricks to reach difficult students, resolve unique situations with poise, and properly spot tricks with comprehension of the mechanics of the move and the demands of you as a spotter. Come ready to take notes and to do some hands-on work.
Topics we will cover:
Vocal Cord Health to avoid injury for yourself
How to begin your class and avoid problems with students
Tips for directing and managing your group
Methods to be precise & clear when instructing
Counting and cueing warm up and cool down
Tactile cues and touch with consent
Spotting posture when supporting another human
Spotting with specific tricks and tips to understand when mechanics fail
2. Is there something that defines your style of teaching or your content that is unique to you?
I do not teach you to look like me, I teach you to look like you. Because your strengths lie in the fact that you ARE unique and have a fantastic journey and wisdom of your own to share and guide others. Effective teaching is about being your unique self, without regret.
3. What is the one thing you want your students to leave with after taking your workshop?
I would like every student to become a better version of themselves, a more attentive instructor, and an active leader for their own students.
4. What are you most excited about for PoleCon 2022?
I am most excited to reunite with other pole dancer friends and make new ones!
5. Anything else you want to share with PoleCon attendees?
I am also thrilled to be back on the Pole Con stage. Come find me at the Artistic showcase!